With cybercrime at an all-time high, it is now more crucial than ever to take precautions when
updating security software, browsers and operating systems to ensure the protection of your
electronic data. Many corporations struggle with balancing financial incentives from cheap
designs and practices against the need for safety and security, and the odd exploit is often
chalked up to a minor cost of doing business. Outdated software continues to be among the top
issues in terms of basic cybersecurity. With many companies neglecting to perform regular
updates on their devices, this leaves virtually all programs vulnerable to the actions of hackers.
So, what can you do to protect yourself or your business from cyber threats?
- Perform regular updates to your security software and device operating systems on an ongoing basis
- Visit your home router manufacturer’s website regularly to check for and install new updates
- Ensure you are using a reliable and trusted VPN solution
- Ensure your home and business wifi networks are encrypted
- Set up an independent network for your IoT devices
- Encrypt data across all points in transit to neutralize risk
- Impose a ‘defence-in-depth’ approach for added security
- Create strong passwords
- Implement employee training in cybersecurity basics
At Lifespan, your cybersecurity is our business. With the tools and expertise to handle data security and destruction, you can ensure that you are 100 percent protected, 100 percent of the time.